Many users came across situations where the exported Avid files from QuickTime reference have no video content; it freezes or turns black. All the QuickTime movies and the references might not just show any content in the exported media content.
It is actually a bug (UDevC00135898) that is creating issue with the exported Avid QuickTime reference or QuickTime movies. This bug impacts on the media that are exported as HD, DVD Pro, MPEG (20, 30 and 50) enabled with Avid DV Codec. To resolve this QuickTime player issue, you will have to install Avid QuickTime Codecs. You can download this utility on your Mac however, you need to uninstall the Avid Codec LE and then after run the Codec LE installer.
Uninstalling the Avid Codecs LE:
- Close all the applications that are open
- Go to Applications >Avid_Uninstaller >Avid Codecs LE
- Click twice on the Avid Codecs LE uninstaller
- Follow the instructions prompted on the upcoming screens
Installing the AVID Codecs LE:
- Quit all the applications open in Macintosh
- Now download the Avid Codecs LE on the system
- Install the program by following the guidelines provided
- When it prompts to restart your computer, click on Yes button
In case that if you are unable to install the Avid codec package then do the following-
- Before exporting re-render the media to a resolution other than CDVC Pro or MPEG
- Deselect the Avid DV codec option
- Export files from the computer